Drug addiction is one of the chronic diseases faced by millions of people around the world, especially, youth. Young minds hooked on drugs are easily misled and often end up taking wrong decisions. Having a family member hooked on drugs can be a daunting experience. In such a situation, finding the right drug rehab treatment centers can be tough. A number of drug rehab centers are now open globally to help the addicts and improve their life. Here are a few things that one should always keep in mind while looking for & choosing the right drug treatment centers.
Things to Keep In Mind While Looking For the Drug Rehab Treatment Centers
- Type of Program: There are various types of programs designed to help the addicts quit their dependence on drugs. These programs include inpatient, outpatient, residential, and short-stay options. (The inpatient services are provided by the licensed hospitals only). While selecting a rehab center for your loved one, make sure that you know the details of each program. These programs are designed based on the severity of addiction different patients suffer from.
- Medically Based Program: Some drug rehab centers also provide medical aid onsite. Physicians and nurses are deployed 24-hours to ensure a safe withdrawal from alcohol and drugs. Besides this, the medical staff closely monitors the recovery of each patient and provides personalized medical treatment or care.
- Family Involvement: Family plays a significant role in helping a patient to overcome drug abuse. There are drug rehab treatment centers that allow the family to be involved in the treatment process, but there are also some centers that may not allow the family members to interfere.
- Quality Recovery Support Program: There are times when a patient recovering from drug addiction falls again in the drug abuse traps. In these situations, the drug rehab treatment centers can provide quality recovery support program. While selecting the drug rehab treatment center for your loved one, ensure that the center does provide this service preventing the relapse.
- Affiliation: Affiliation should be the first thing to keep in mind while selecting the right drug rehab treatment center. Make sure that the rehab center shortlisted by you is affiliated by The Joint Commission or CARF (The Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities). Also, the medical professionals providing treatment should be properly certified.
- Cost: The cost of a treatment could be presented in different formats. It is important to know what all is included in the cost, what will be added on to your bill as a fee-for-service program, and what services your health insurance may cover.
- Recovery Support Program: Not all drug rehab treatment centers provide recovery support program. Recovery is an ongoing process. A person recovering from drug addiction may require recovery support program which may include a follow-up program to support and monitor recovery.
- Location: Location of the rehab center is yet another important factor that should be considered. Some patients find a strong support system in their family and friends and want to be in their proximity. At the same time, there are patients who would like to be away from their family and friends. Decide the right drug rehab treatment center as per the patient’s requirement.
- Staff-To-Patient Ratio: The staff-to-patient ratio means the number of staff members compared to the patients. The higher the ratio, the more personalized care one can expect. A rehab center should provide at least one-on-one care.
- Confrontational or Non- confrontational Program: Some rehab centers provide a confrontational program under which the patients are responsible for their recovery. This kind of program isn’t really successful and therefore should be avoided.
Keeping the aforementioned points in mind can help you find not only a good drug rehab center for your loved one but also in improving the life of the patient. Drug addiction can be lethal. A right step in the right direction can save a life.